Energy Sanctuary on Archipelago : Stakeholder Analysis for Developing Offshore Wind Turbine to Achieve Energy Sustainability in Indonesia

Purwanta Wilson

Abstract

The utilization of renewable energy sources as an alternative substitute for fossil energy is a necessity for Indonesia for the sake of environmental sustainability. Indonesia is a country that contributes the greenhouse gases significantly. From the total energy mix Indonesia, renewable energy contributes only about 5%, while the other 95% still depend on fossil energy. As world's largest archipelagic state, Indonesia has a lot of potential for renewable energy to generate electricity; one of these is wind energy. Indonesia with an area of 3,544,743.9 km² sea with the average wind speed of 3-6 m/s is a great potential to be developed. As well as the potential of wind resources owned by this country, the development of offshore wind turbine technology is the promising solution to be implemented. The aim of this research is the identification of stakeholders for a future project planning, development, and operation of offshore wind turbine in Indonesia. The method used in this research is stakeholder analysis. The result obtained from this research is stakeholder determination and mapping in order to help Indonesia in determining and establishing for each stakeholder involvement to achieve energy sustainability in Indonesia with offshore wind turbine.

Keywords— Energy sustainaility, offshore wind turbine, stakeholder analysis

Full Text:

Untitled

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.